Posted: Sep 16, 2016
LAIE, Hawaii – BYU-Hawaii women's volleyball looks to improve its record as they open up conference play against Hawaii Hilo after going 0-4 last week.
- The Seasiders (2-7) are coming off a four-game losing streak in the D2 West Region Volleyball Showcase with 3-0 losses to UC San Diego, Central Washington, Northwest Nazarene and Cal Poly Pomona.
- BYU-Hawaii is averaging 11.03 kills, 10.22 assists and 14.38 digs per set.
- Leilani Adolpho leads the team with 90 total kills so far. Sydney Bunker has added 158 assists. Nu'umau Coleman and Brittany Waite each have 17 total blocks on the season.
- Last year BYU-Hawaii faced Hilo twice, defeating them 3-2 in the first game of the season and sweeping them 3-0 to round out conference play.
- The Seasiders begin PacWest play on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. HST in the Cannon Activities Center against the Vulcans. Live stats and video will be available online.
- The Vulcans have started their preseason campaign 2-3, going 2-2 in the PacWest/GNAC/CCAA Crossover.
- Marley Strand-Nicolaisen leads Hilo with a total of 81 kills and seven service aces. Mina Grant averages 4.94 digs per set and Sienna Davis records 9.14 assists per set.
- Last season the Vulcans finished 10th in the conference with an 11-12, 9-11 PacWest record.
- Hawaii Hilo is led by Tino Reyes in his seventh year as head coach.