KANEOHE, Hawaii – BYU-Hawaii softball dropped 4-1 and 5-0 contests Friday in a doubleheader against Hawaii Pacific at Howard Okita Field.
Brittany Vasquez and Lizabelle Talataina both led the Seasiders (10-24, PacWest 7-15) hitting 2 for 4 in the first game. Alanna Anderson had a hit in each game including the lone RBI of the day for BYU-Hawaii.
The Sharks (20-16, PacWest 9-11) were led by Dominique Walker going 3 for 6 and Noelani Boyer going 3 for 5 and both hitting a home run.
- Talataina and Makaela Williamson singled with two outs and Alexa Barrett was hit by a pitch to load the bases in the top of the first, but Jordan Curry struck out the next batter to escape the frame.
- Sienna Santiago tripled down the right field line in the bottom of the second to bring home Carolann Toyama and give HPU the 1-0 lead.
- Vasquez and Talataina each singled to lead off the third inning and advanced into scoring position on a groundball into shallow right field, but Curry again kept the Seasiders off the board with two strikeouts to end the inning.
- After back-to-back errors put runners on the corners in the bottom of the third, Boyer doubled to center field to score both and make it 3-0
- Sierra Dias tripled to right field to lead off the bottom of the fifth and Walker singled up the middle to bring her home for the 4-0 lead.
- BYU-Hawaii again loaded the bases with two outs in the top of the sixth and Anderson singled to center to bring in Corallee Alexander to make it 4-1, but Katie Didonna was thrown out at the plate for the final out of the inning.