BRISBANE, Calif. – BYU-Hawaii softball dropped its final two games in Northern California 8-1 and 8-0 Saturday against Academy of Art at Mission Blue Field.
Alanna Anderson went 1 for 4 on the day with an RBI and a double to lead the Seasiders (6-14, 5-5 PacWest).
The Urban Knights (9-7, 3-1 PacWest) won behind the arms of True Park (2-3) and Hannah Rose Balke (6-3), holding BYU-Hawaii offense in check.
- Anderson opened the scoring for the Seasiders with a sacrifice fly to right center with the bases loaded to take the 1-0 lead in the first.
- Brenna Youngquist leveled the game in the second inning with a double to right center and gave Academy of Art the 2-1 lead on a sacrifice fly to left center.
- Alexa Barrett doubled and Anderson walked in the top of the third, but were unable to advance as Park worked out of the inning.
- Freddie Carrillo doubled down the left-field line to add a run to increase the Urban Knight's lead to two runs.
- Leading 4-1 after five innings, Academy of Art broke open the game in the bottom of the sixth with four runs on three hits.
BYU-Hawaii returns to the island to take on Baldwin Wallace Tuesday in a doubleheader beginning at 1 p.m. HST. Live stats will be available online.