LAIE, Hawaii – BYU-Hawaii women's volleyball heads to the D2 West Region Volleyball Showcase in San Diego after finishing 2-2 in the Hawaii last week.
- BYU-Hawaii (2-3) is coming off a sweep of San Fransisco St. The Seasiders were led by senior Lacy Lange who had 13 kills, Sinamoni Tonga followed with 10. Sydney Bunker also pitched in 18 assists in the victory.
- The Seasiders are averaging are 10.8 kills per set on the season. Leilani Adolpho leads the team with 61 kills on the season.
- The Seasiders take on UC San Diego (2-2) Thursday 7:00p.m. PDT. The last time these two teams met was on December 6, 2013 in which the Seasiders won 3-0.
- Friday the Seasiders have a double header playing Central Washington at 12:30p.m. PDT and Northwest Nazerene at 8:00p.m. PDT. The Seasiders finish the showcase on Saturday when they face Cal Poly Pamona for the second time this season at 12:30 p.m. PDT.
UC San Diego
- UC San Diego (2-2) is coming off two wins in a double header played on Saturday, September 3 beating Azusa Pacific and Seattle Pacific.
- Meagan Wright led the Tritons to victory with 21 kills vs Azusa Pacific and 22 kills vs Seattle Pacific. Wright has a total of 83 kills on the season.
- The Tritons play BYU-Hawaii Thursday 7:00p.m. PDT. Friday they face Northwest Nazerene 3:00p.m. PDT with a double header on Saturday playing Central Washington at 10:00am PDT and Point Loma at 7:00p.m. PDT.
- Central Washington (0-4) have yet to win a game this season losing all 4 games played in the Flyer Festival in Illinois last week.
- Madison Weg leads the Wildcats this season with 41 kills. She is followed by Shelby Mauritson who has 37 kills on the season. Gaby Aihara leads the team in assists on the season with 78.
- The Wildcat's first game in San Diego will be on Thursday at 4:00p.m. PDT vs Point Loma. On Friday they play both BYU-Hawaii at 12:30p.m. PDT and Cal Poly Pamona at 5:00p.m. PDT. Saturday the Wildcats face UC San Diego at 10:00a.m. PDT.
- Northwest Nazerene (3-0) are undefeated coming into the D2 West Region Volleyball Showcase. They went 3-0 last week in the Dixie State Tournament hosted in St. George, UT.
- The Crusaders were led by Junior Kendra Bodine who had 52 kills over the 3 game stretch. Hailey Cook led the team in assists with 134.
- The showcase begins for the Crusaders on Thursday at 4:00p.m. PDT vs Cal Poly Pamona. They play two games on Friday against UC San Diego at 3:00p.m. PDT and BYU-Hawaii at 8:00p.m. PDT. Their final game of the showcase will be on Saturday at 12:30p.m. vs Point Loma.
Cal Poly Pamona Broncos
- Cal Poly Pamona (2-2) heads into San Diego coming off a win against Hawaii Hilo played on Monday, September 5.
- Deanna Blaine leads the Broncos in kills on the season with 47. She is closely followed by Andrea Bosnic who has 46. The team is averaging 10.8 assists per game, Alina Smith leads the team with already 135 assists on the season.
- The Broncos face Northwest Nazerene on Thursday at 4:00p.m. PDT. They will be playing two games on Friday against Point Loma at 10:00a.m. PDT and Central Washington at 5:00p.m. PDT. The Broncos last game of the showcase will be against BYU-Hawaii on Saturday at 12:30p.m. PDT.