IRVINE, California – BYU-Hawaii women's basketball will take the court in its second PacWest Championship Tournament in program history on Thursday against Point Loma Nazarene University at CU Arena.
BYU-Hawaii (15-11, 12-8 PacWest)
- BYU-Hawaii secured the season series sweep of Academy of Art on Thursday with a 92-89 win.
- Brydgette Tatupu led the way for the Seasiders scoring 17 of her 20 points in the second half, including the game sealing free throws. Tatupu played the game after breaking her wrist on Feb. 21.
- This is only the second time the Seasiders have advanced to the PacWest Basketball Championships and their third winning season in program history.
- Celeste Claw has continued her great all-around play with 18 points, seven assists and six rebounds against the Urban Knights. She has neared a triple-double in three of her last four games.
- Tatupu, who was named second team all-conference on Wednesday, led the Seasiders in their last game with the Sea Lions finishing with 20 points and four steals.
Point Loma (18-10, 15-5 PacWest)
- Point Loma capped its regular season with an 81-59 victory over Dixie State in St. George, Utah.
- The Sea Lions are the top defensive team in the conference ranking first in points allowed per game and opponent field-goal percentage, while they are No. 3 in 3-point field-goal percentage defense.
- Roya Rustamzada led Point Loma with 21 points and seven rebounds against the Red Storm. She was named the PacWest Freshman of the year on Wednesday.
- Jessica Escorza scored 20 points and Riley Abraham had 21 in the Sea Lions victory over the Seasiders in San Diego.
- Escorza earned first team all-conference honors after finishing in the top 15 of the conference in points, steals, assists and free-throw percentage.