Jan 29, 2015
LAIE, Hawaii - BYU-Hawaii women's basketball brings a seven-game winning streak back home and a No. 10 regional rankning in the DII Media Poll sponsored by the D2SIDA.
- The team is 12-5 overall and 9-2 in PacWest conference place, putting it a half game in front of Cal Baptist for second place in the conference.
- The Seasiders have won a program-best seven-consecutive games, tied with the inaugural 2006-07 BYU-Hawaii women's basketball program.
- Celeste Claw was named co-PacWest Player of the Week averaging 13 points and 6.7 assists.
- In the last game, Brydgette Tatupu-Leopoldo scored 19 points to go with two steals. Her free-throws in the final minute sealed the Seasider's victory.
- As a team, BYU-Hawaii was able to record more assists and rebounds than the Urban Knights in what has become key statistical categories this season.
- The Seasiders have been able to hold their opponents to under 40 percent shooting from the field in the last six games.
- Azusa Pacific is tied with Point Loma for fourth place in the PacWest with a record of 7-4 in conference games this season.
- Azusa Pacific plays defeated Dixie State 90-60 in Azusa, California, on Saturday.
- In the last game, both Miriam Zabinsky and Kelly Hardeman recorded 17 points each and Hardeman added 11 rebounds for her 11th double-double.
- The Cougars set several season-highs against the Red Storm: 47.1 percent (32-for-68) field-goal shooting, 58.3 percent (7-for-12) 3-point shooting and 26 forced turnovers.
- As a team, they held Dixie State to 37.1 percent shooting from the field.