Jan 24, 2015
SAN FRANCISCO - BYU-Hawaii women's basketball takes the second longest winstreak in program history into its Saturday matchup with preseason favorite Academy of Art on Saturday at 5:30 p.m. PST.
BYU-Hawaii (11-5, 8-2 PacWest)
- The Seasiders opened their road swing with consecutive victories over Holy Names 73-59 and Dominican 64-61.
- The five game win streak is the third longest in BYU-Hawaii women's basketball history. The Seasiders are one win away from second place and two away from tying the longest win streak in program history.
- BYU-Hawaii needs four more wins this season to surpass the inaugural 2006-07 women's basketball team (13-12) for the second highest win total in program history.
- The Seasiders average 69 points per game on 42.5 percent field-goal shooting and 68.8 percent from the free-throw line.
- Brydgette Tatupu-Leopoldo leads the team scoring 15.6 points per game and Celeste Claw is second with 13.8.
- Whitney Fieldsted averages a double-double of 10.9 points and 10.3 rebounds per game. She has recorded double-doubles in five of her last seven games.
- Claw is fourth nationally and first in the PacWest with 7.0 assists per game. She is 53rd nationally and second in conference with an assist-to-turnover ratio of 1.79.
Academy of Art (11-7, 6-4 PacWest)
- Zoie Sheng, Sha'Nice Storey and Jasmin Guinn are the leaders for the Urban Knights this season.
- Sheng averages the most points of the three at 13.6 to go with 3.4 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game.
- Storey recorded a double-double of 16 points and 10 rebounds against HPU in a one-point loss. On the year she averages 12.8 points and 3.3 rebounds per game.
- Guinn led Academy of Art with 23 points against the Sharks to go with 8 rebounds. She averages 12.2 points and 8.0 rebounds per game.
- Krystal Forthan continues to lead the Urban Knights with 17.0 points per game and 9.2 rebounds, but has not played in a game since the Christmas break.
- Academy of Art was overwhelmingly selected as the preseason favorite