HONOLULU – BYU-Hawaii women's softball claimed a 1-0 victory in a rain-shortened game Friday against Chaminade at Sand Island Park.
- The top of the order provided the offense for the Seasiders (12-25, 7-16 PacWest). Anderson was 1 for 3 with a run, while Sarah Captain and Lizabelle Talataina each went 1 for 2 with Talataina collecting the lone RBI of the game.
- Taiana Williamson (5-11) earned the victory for BYU-Hawaii with a one-hit shutout over six innings.
- Kali Kitsinis had a good outing for the Silverswords (7-36, 4-23 PacWest) in the circle allowing only one run on five hits, but it wasn't enough for the victory.
- With Anderson on second, Talataina singled up the middle to advance Sarah Captain to second and brought Anderson home to take the 1-0 lead.
- The Seasiders scored two more runs in the top of the seventh again powered by the top of the order, but the game was rained out in the bottom of the seventh with one out and a runner on second for the Silverswords. By rule the final results reverted back to the final completed inning of play.
BYU-Hawaii will host Hawaii Pacific in Laie, Hawaii, Saturday in a doubleheader beginning at noon HST. Live stats will be available online.