KANEOHE, Hawaii – BYU-Hawaii softball dropped 4-1 and 5-0 contests Friday in a doubleheader against Hawaii Pacific at Howard Okita Field.
Brittany Vasquez and Lizabelle Talataina both led the Seasiders (10-24, PacWest 7-15) hitting 2 for 4 in the first game. Alanna Anderson had a hit in each game including the lone RBI of the day for BYU-Hawaii.
The Sharks (20-16, PacWest 9-11) were led by Dominique Walker going 3 for 6 and Noelani Boyer going 3 for 5 and both hitting a home run.
- Talataina walked and stole second to lead off the second game. Williamson advanced her to third on a soft grounder back to the pitcher, but the Seasiders were unable to bring her in for the lead.
- Santiago tripled to left center, her second of the day, and Diaz brought her in with a sacrifice fly to left field to make it 1-0 in favor of the Sharks.
- Roxane Dennis reached safely in the top of the first and then stole second and third to put herself in scoring position, but Hawaii Pacific again escaped the jam with a ground out to first base.
- With runners on second and third in the bottom of the frame, Dias singled to bring home two more runs for Hawaii Pacific.
- Walker and Boyer homered in back-to-back at bats in the bottom of the fifth for the 5-0 lead and the final runs of the game.
BYU-Hawaii will return to home to take on Hawaii Hilo April 21 in a doubleheader beginning at 1 p.m. at the BYU-Hawaii Softball Field. Live stats will be available online.