LAIE, Hawaii – BYU-Hawaii softball fell 6-0, 14-1 in a doubleheader Saturday against California Baptist at the BYU-Hawaii Softball Field.
Caitlyn Lloyd went 3 for 7 with five RBI and a home run for the Lancers (24-7, 18-2 PacWest). Krista Mann also finished 3 for 7 with four RBI. Ashley Coleman (7-2) and Iveth Alvarado (2-0) grabbed the victories for Cal Baptist.
- Mann led off the game with a walk and Lloyd doubled to left center to give the Lancers the first run of the game. Lloyd crossed the plate two batters later on a sacrifice fly.
- Makaela Williamson walked and Alanna Anderson singled to short to lead off the bottom of the second inning for BYU-Hawaii, but the Seasiders were unable to bring them home.
- Three singles and a walk brought another run in for Cal Baptist in the fourth to make it 3-0.
- Talataina and Anderson walked to put runners on first and second in the bottom of the frame. Alexa Barrett roped a two-out single to right field, but Talataina was caught at the plate to end the inning.
- Hannah Thieroff homered to straightway center to leadoff the top of the sixth for the Lancers and Mann and Lloyd doubled in back-to-back at bats to score one more for the 5-0 lead.
- Cal Baptist added one more run in the seventh after Deanna Alarcon singled up the middle to score Brittany Galvez from second.