LAIE, Hawaii – BYU-Hawaii softball fell 13-2 and 5-1 in a doubleheader Friday with California Baptist at BYU-Hawaii Softball Field.
Soraya Shahbazian hit 5 for 7 at the plate for the Lancers (22-7, 16-2 PacWest) with three runs and four RBI.
- Brittany Galvez homered to straight-way center field for two RBI to power the Lancers to a 3-0 lead in the top of the first inning.
- BYU-Hawaii answered in the bottom of the frame as Vasquez and Captain singled in the first two at bats and moved into scoring position on Makaela Williamson's sacrifice bunt. Alexa Barrett singled to shallow center field to bring in both runners and cut the lead to one.
- Caitlyn Lloyd doubled home runners on first and second in the second inning to increase the lead to 5-2 for Cal Baptist.
- Alanna Anderson doubled into the right-center gap to move into scoring position in the bottom of the frame, but the Seasiders were unable to bring her in.
- The Lancers added two more runs in the third and fourth innings off sacrifice flies and London Miller singled to center to bring in another for the 8-2 lead after four innings.
- Cal Baptist added five more runs off 2 hits and an error in the fifth to earn the run rule victory.