WAIPAHU, Hawaii – BYU-Hawaii softball fell 4-0 and 8-0 Saturday in a doubleheader with Chaminade at Central Oahu Regional Park.
Lizabelle Talataina led the Seasiders (9-17, 6-8 PacWest) at the plate, going 4 for 7 with a double, a triple and two stolen bases.
Amy Eilefson went 3 for 6 with three RBI and a home run to lead the Eagles (18-9-2, 8-4 PacWest). BethAnn McCann (7-2) and Grayson Harvey (9-4) got the wins in the circle for Concordia.
- Mckinsey Thorpe singled and stole second to move into scoring position in the top of the first and Eilefson singled up the middle to bring her home for the 1-0 lead.
- Talataina singled and stole second with two outs in the bottom of the frame, but Harvey left her stranded after forcing a groundout to end the inning.
- The Eagles drew two walks and sacrificed them into scoring position to lead off the second. Ryann Ferguson sacrificed to deep center to bring in Nicole Chavez to double the lead.
- Eilefson led off the third inning with a solo shot to left field to make it 3-0 for Concordia and Amanda Gjersten doubled home the final run of the game in the fifth.
- Lauren Rodriguez sent a ball to deep left center in the top of the sixth, but Katie Didonna robbed the home run and held on while flipping over the temporary fence.