LAIE, Hawaii – BYU-Hawaii women's softball swept Baldwin Wallace in a doubleheader Tuesday with 4-0 and 6-2 wins at BYU-Hawaii Softball Field.
Brittany Vasquez led the Seasiders (8-14) with two RBI on 3 for 4 hitting on the day. Meghan Wantz moved to 5-6 with her second shutout of the year, while Taiana Williamson (2-7) earned the victory with a complete game in the night cap.
Alexis Boledovic provided a spark to the Yellow Jacket (2-4) offense in the second game going 3 for 4 at the plate with an RBI and a run.
- The Seasiders set themselves up nicely with the bases loaded in the first inning, but the Yellow Jackets turned a double play to leave runners on second and third with two outs.
- Alanna Anderson singled to left field bringing Didonna and Talataina home to give the Seasiders the early 2-0 lead.
- In bottom of the second inning, Roxanne Dennis walked to first and stole second before advancing to third on a wild pitch from the Baldwin Wallace pitcher. Corallee Alexander then stepped up to bat and singled to shallow left center to bring home for the 3-0 lead.
- In the sixth inning, Anderson walked and stole second before Vasquez singled up the middle to score the final run of the game.
- Wantz only allowed four hits in seven innings for her second shutout of the season.