LAIE, Hawaii – BYU-Hawaii softball dropped both games of a doubleheader 4-3 and 7-3 Saturday against Missouri Western State at the BYU-Hawaii Softball Field.
Makaela Williamson led the Seasiders (1-9) with two RBI on 5 for 5 hitting on the day. Lizabelle Talataina went .667 at the plate with a home run, an RBI and three runs. Alanna Anderson added two runs and an RBI on 2 for 5 hitting.
The Griffons (15-3) were led by Shelby Uhl's 6 for 7 day at the plate with three runs and an RBI. Barbara Billingsley moved to 8-1 on the season with a win from the circle in the first game, while Kenzie Hilzer (7-2) picked up her first save of the year in game one and the win in the night cap.
- Missouri Western State took advantage of some BYU-Hawaii miscues to build a 4-0 lead in the first inning.
- Anderson started a two-out rally for the Seasiders with a bouncing single down the left-field line in the bottom of the frame and Williamson brought her home with a single up the middle to make it 4-1.
- After two scoreless frames, Megan Korgie doubled to score one and scored on a sacrifice fly to make it 6-1.
- Talataina singled and stole second in the bottom of the fourth. Williamson sent a ball into the right-center gap to bring her home and cut the lead to four.
- After the Griffons added an unearned run in the top of the fifth, Captain hit a sharp ground ball to third for a single and advanced to second on a groundout. Anderson then hit a ball hard off the infield dirt and it bounced over the third baseman's head to score Captain to make it 7-3.
BYU-Hawaii will head to Northern California and begin its road trip with a doubleheader against Holy Names Monday at 1 p.m. PST at Pioneer Field in Hayward, California.