LAIE, Hawaii – BYU-Hawaii softball dropped both games of a doubleheader 4-3 and 7-3 Saturday against Missouri Western State at the BYU-Hawaii Softball Field.
Makaela Williamson led the Seasiders (1-9) with two RBI on 5 for 5 hitting on the day. Lizabelle Talataina went .667 at the plate with a home run, an RBI and three runs. Alanna Anderson added two runs and an RBI on 2 for 5 hitting.
The Griffons (15-3) were led by Shelby Uhl's 6 for 7 day at the plate with three runs and an RBI. Barbara Billingsley moved to 8-1 on the season with a win from the circle in the first game, while Kenzie Hilzer (7-2) picked up her first save of the year in game one and the win in the night cap.
- Katie Klosterman opened the scoring with a shot over the left-field fence with two outs to give the Griffons the 1-0 lead.
- Sydney Washington singled home one more in the top of the third and Shelby Uhl homered to left center to make it 3-0 in the fourth.
- Alanna Anderson walked and Talataina and Makaela Williamson singled to load the bases for the Seasiders in the bottom of the fourth. Roxane Dennis singled up the middle to bring home one and Talataina scored on a fielder's choice to make it 3-2.
- Talataina stepped to the plate in the bottom of the sixth with BYU-Hawaii still trailing by one and sent a ball over the left-field fence to tie the game.
- Missiouri Western State began the top of the seventh with a single and double to put two runners in scoring position with no outs. Shelbie Atwell sacrificed out to center to bring in one, but Meghan Wantz (1-4) worked out of the jam to keep the Seasiders within striking distance.
- Wantz singled to lead off the bottom of the seventh, but pinch runner Corallee Alexander was caught stealing at second and the Griffons held on for the victory.