WAIPIO, Hawaii—The 41st-ranked Brigham Young University Hawaii men's tennis team defeated Point Loma Nazarene 5-2 in the fifth-place match of the Pacific West Conference Tournament.
The Seasiders picked up wins at number one and two doubles and at second, third, and sixth singles to improve to 12-7 for the season.
Yevhen Zakharov and Martin Chojnacki picked up an 8-4 win at number one doubles while Wei-Feng Lee and Dai Peng won by an 8-4 score at number two doubles to give the Seasiders a 2-1 lead heading into singles play.
In singles play, Peng earned a win for the Seasiders with a 6-4, 6-4 victory at number six singles while Lee was winning 6-4, 6-0 at the third singles spot. Chojnacki worked three sets for his victory at number two singles, coming away with a 6-0, 2-6, 6-4 win for the Seasiders.
1. Yevhen Zakharov/Martin Chojnacki (BYUH) def. Brooks Baldinger/Jakob Kaweladrts 8-4
2. Wei-Feng Lee/Dai Peng (BYUH) def. Bram Kaweladrts/Mikey Zablan 8-4
3. Kaptan Kaster/Daniel Milliken (PLNU) def.Andy Xing/Isaac Hadley (BYUH) 8-5
1. Yevhen Zakharov (BYUH) vs. Brooks Baldinger (PLNU) 7-6, unf
2. Martin Chojnacki (BYUH) def. Mikey Zablan (PLNU) 6-0, 2-6, 6-4
3. Wade Lee (BYUH) def. Jakob Kaweladrts (PLNU) 6-4, 6-0
4. Bram Kaweladrts (PLNU) def. Isaac Hadley (BYUH) 6-0, 6-2
5. Andy Xing (BYUH) vs. Daniel Milliken (PLNU) 7-5, unf
6. Dai Peng (BYUH) def. Kaptan Kaster (PLNU) 6-4, 6-4