Sep 12, 2016
LAIE, Hawaii – BYU-Hawaii men's soccer concludes its non-conference games this week against Chaminade on Tuesday and Simon Fraser on Thursday, both games will start at 12:30 p.m. HST.
- BYU-Hawaii tied Hawaii Pacific 2-2 in its first contest of the season
- The Sesiders started the season with two quick goals from Jake McRae as he continued to add onto his career record at BYU-Hawaii
- BYU-Hawaii faced Chaminade twice last season, winning 4-1 in Honolulu and 2-0 in Laie.
- McRae scored five of the Seasiders' six goals against the Silverswords last season.
- BYU-Hawaii last faced Simon Fraser in 2011 losing 4-1 at Waipio Peninsula Stadium.
- This will be the first meeting between the Seasiders and the Clan in Laie.
- The Silverswords open their 2016 campaign against BYU-Hawaii.
- Last season the Silverswords went 1-14-1 and finished 13th in the conference.
- Chaminade lost all but two of their scorers including their leading scorer last season Lukas Pousset.
- The Silverswords were selected to finish last in the PacWest Preseason poll.
- Simon Fraser faces BYU-Hawaii coming from a 3-0 record to start the 2016 campaign.
- The Clan defeated Cal State San Bernardino 3-0, Cal Poly Pomona 2-0 and Notre Dame de Namur 2-0.
- All seven of Simon Fraser's goals have come from different players with Ryan Dhillon adding 2 assists.
- The Clan finished last season with a 10-3-4 record, the second best record in the GNAC.
- Simon Fraser is led by head coach Clint Schneider in his second year.