IRVINE, Calif. – No. 23 BYU-Hawaii men's basketball looks to keep its season going matching up with Dixie State on Friday at 6:15 p.m. PST at Concordia University Arena.
BYU-Hawaii (22-5, 15-5 PacWest)
- BYU-Hawaii set a PacWest Championship record shooting a blistering 55.3 percent from the field to dispatch Point Loma 74-49 in the first round.
- The Seasiders broke open a close game in the second half with their defense, limiting the Sea Lions to 21 points on 25 percent shooting.
- Pablo Coro led way offensively for the Seasiders scoring 16 points, 11 after the intermission, on 6-for-11 shooting from the field and added a game-high three steals.
- Jordan Stone timed his jumps well all night, recording four blocks in only 17 minutes of action.
- Luke Aston came off the bench to score 12 points to go with a game-high eight rebounds.
- Coro was on fire in the first-half of the last game against Dixie State, hitting six 3-pointers, but his second-half contribution was limited by increased on ball pressure by the Red Storm.
- Dixie State is the only team to defeat BYU-Hawaii when having fewer assists this season. After finishing the first half with 16 assist, the Seasiders only managed seven in the second half.
- Scott Friel had a double-double in the lone matchup between the two schools with 10 points and 12 rebounds.
Dixie State (20-6, 17-3 PacWest)
- The Red Storm finished their regular season last week with a 76-60 victory at home over Point Loma.
- Zach Robbins led Dixie State in its win over Point Loma with a double-double of 13 points and 19 rebounds to go with three blocks.
- Mason Sawyer was the team's leading scorer with 18 points, while DeQuan Thompson added 13.
- Dixie State grabbed 16 offensive rebounds in the matchup with BYU-Hawaii earlier this season.
- Robbins scored 21 of his game-high 26 points against the Seasiders in the second half on 8-of-9 shooting from the field.
- Mark Ogden grabbed six offensive rebounds against BYU-Hawaii and finished with 18 points.