Feb 26, 2015
LAIE, Hawaii - BYU-Hawaii men's basketball will face Academy of Art on Thursday at 7:30 HST in the Cannon Activities Center.
Academy of Art (7-17, 5-13 PacWest)
- The Urban Knights dropped a close 85-79 game to Hawaii Hilo on Monday.
- Academy of Art showed strong resilience on the big island overcoming a 16-point first-half deficit to take the lead at the break and then brought the game within three points under a minute after trailing by double-digits in the second half.
- Herman Pratt IV led the Urban Knights with 15 points, while Alexis Moore added 14 points, five rebounds, five assists and a steal.
- Moore, the team's leading scorer at 16.0 points per game, did not play in the last meeting with the Seasiders.
- Aaron Anderson was the Urban Knights leading scorer on Jan. 24 with 12 points, while Nick Cary added 10.
- The Urban Knights have been without the service of Yanick Kulich, who was instrumental in the teams successful start to the season including a win over GNAC power Seattle Pacific.
BYU-Hawaii (20-5, 14-5 PacWest)
- BYU-Hawaii will look to continue their winning streak on senior night against The Academy of Art.
- BYU-Hawaii has an overall record of 20-5 and conference record of 14-5 with their most recent wins they have stayed steady in conference leaving them at fourth place in PacWest. The Seasiders moved up to No. 3 in the West region keeping their hopes alive at hosting the regional tournament.
- In their last game against Holy Names, the Seasiders shot 58.2 percent from the field, while holding the Urban Knights to 39.7 percent. The Seasiders had 15 more rebounds, five more assists, and nine more second chance points than the Hawks.
- Pablo Coro led BYU-Hawaii with a team-high 17 points, moving into fifth for 3-pointers in a season (76) and 14th in career scoring (1,178) at BYU-Hawaii.
- Five Seasiders scored in double-figures against the Hawks.
- The last game played against Academy of Art, the Seasiders won by a landslide of 88-49.
- Jordan Stone grabbed a career-high 17 rebounds against the Urban Knights to go with nine points, two steals and a block.