LAIE, Hawaii – No. 22/23 BYU-Hawaii men's basketball will look to build some momentum heading towards the postseason against Holy Names on Monday at 7:30 p.m. HST in the Cannon Activities Center.
No. 22/23 BYU-Hawaii (19-5, 13-5 PacWest)
- The Seasiders aggressively attacked the basket against the University of Hawaii at Hilo going to the free=throw line 36 times in a 100-90 win on Saturday.
- BYU-Hawaii shot 80.6 percent from the free-throw line and was led by Daniel Berger's 14-of-14 shooting from the charity stripe on his way to a team-high 20 points.
- The Seasiders shot 53.3 percent from the field and 41.2 percent from behind the arc against the Vulcans.
- Jordan Stone and Ian Harward provided a big presence in the middle for BYU-Hawaii against Hilo altering shots and combining for four of the Seasiders seven blocked shots.
- The last time the Seasiders faced the Hawks they recorded a season-high nine blocks.
- BYU-Hawaii also recorded a victory over Holy Names despite being outrebounded, the only time this season the Seasiders have won a game when losing the rebounding battle.
- Berger led the Seasiders against the Hawks in Oakland with team-highs of 18 points and six rebounds.
Holy Names (3-22, 1-16 PacWest)
- Holy Names began its Hawaiian road trip at Chaminade on Saturday losing 107-84.
- The 84 points were tied for the second highest mark reached by the Hawks this season. Holy Names scored 121 points in a high-scoring loss to Simon Fraser back in November.
- Before its loss against Chaminade, the Hawks had kept games close against Academy of Art, Dominican and Fresno Pacific, all resulting in single digit losses.
- Dante Robinson led Holy Names in its first meeting with BYU-Hawaii with 16 points and five rebounds. He is the team's second leading scorer and rebounder at 11.8 points and 4.2 rebounds per game.
- Joshua Crum leads the Hawks with 12.8 points and 4.3 assists per game.
The first 30 minutes of the game will be available on BYU-Hawaii's live stream and BYUtv will then pick up the game in progress around 8 p.m. HST.