Feb 20, 2015
LAIE, Hawaii – No.22/24 BYU-Hawaii men's basketball will face Hawaii Hilo on Friday at 7:30 HST in the Cannon Activities Center.
Hawaii Hilo (10-12, 6-10 PacWest)
- The Vulcans dropped their last game on the road 85-69 against Dixie on Saturday.
- Tre Johnson and Joey Rodriguez led the Vulcans with 18 points each.
- The Vulcans average about 75.5 points per game.
- Hawaii Hilo has an overall record of 10-12 and a conference record of 6-10 leaving them at eighth in PacWest Conference.
- Johnson led the Vulcans in the last matchup with the Seasiders scoring 28 points to go with five rebounds, despite battling foul trouble.
- The Vulcans hit 5-of-9 of their shots from distance in the second half of that game in mid-December.
No. 22/24 BYU-Hawaii (18-5, 12-5 PacWest)
- BYU-Hawaii will look to rebound against Hawaii Hilo after dropping in the regional rankings after a tough road stretch in southern California last week
- Despite their losses, BYU-Hawaii has an overall record of 18-5 and a conference record of 12-5 leaving them at fourth place in PacWest conference with a guaranteed spot in the PacWest championship tournament.
- In their last game against Cal Baptist, the Seasiders had six more second chance points and two more turnovers.
- The game leader against Cal. Baptist was Daniel Berger with 18 points and seven rebounds.
- The last game BYU-Hawaii played against Hawaii Hilo, the Seasiders lost on a last second tip-in 82-79.