Jan 21, 2015
FRESNO, Calif. - BYU-Hawaii men's basketball will look for its fourth consecutive win over Fresno Pacific on Thursday at 7:30 p.m. PST in Fresno, California.
BYU-Hawaii (13-2, 7-2 PacWest)
- The Seasiders are 2-0 on their road trip after defeating Holy Names 88-67 and Dominican 85-74.
- BYU-Hawaii trails Azusa Pacific and Cal Baptist by one game in the conference standings.
- The Seasiders rank No. 16 nationally with a 50.6 field goal percentage and No. 7 with 89.3 points per game.
- The Seasiders are 10th nationally with 42.1 percent shooting from behind the arc.
- BYU-Hawaii had their best night from the free-throw line since December connecting on 25 of 30 attempts (83.3 percent) against Dominican.
- Pablo Coro leads three players averaging double-figure scoring with 16.5 points per game. Daniel Berger averages 14.1 and Scott Friel follows with 11.5.
- Friel is fourth in the PacWest with 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Coro is 21st nationally in 3-point field goals per game (3.07) and 54th in 3-point field-goal percentage (42.2).
- Robbie Mitchell is ranked No. 8 nationally and No. 1 in the PacWest with a 3.26 Assist-to-Turnover ratio. He is No. 73 nationally and No. 4 in the PacWest with 4.3 assists per game.
Fresno Pacific (5-10, 1-7 PacWest)
- Led by Trevon Clayton leads the conference with 10.2 rebounds and his team with 0.9 blocks per game. He completes a double-double average with 11.9 points per game.
- Bobby Barnes is averages a team-high 13.9 points per game on a conference-high 62.3 percent shooting from the field.
- The Sunbirds have scored an average of 83.25 points per game against the Seasiders since beginning competition in the PacWest.
- The Sunbirds lone victory against the Seasiders came on their home court in a 92-83 contest during the 2012-13 season.
- Currently riding an eight-game losing streak since a 79-57 victory over Holy Names. Their last two losses have come by a combined six points to Hawaii Pacific.